Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Club Scrap Paris Flea Market Blog Hop

 photo 0316PFMarketBadge_zpsxaz0icth.jpg


Welcome to the February Club Scrap Blog Hop featuring this month's kit, Paris Flea Market. If you arrived here from Inkstained Roni's blog then you are in the right place. If not, be sure to check out Karen's post over at Club Scrap for a complete list of participating blogs.


Inspired by the popular fabric ribbon pin boards, I created my own version featuring a cardboard base (Club Scrap Pizza boxes) and paper from the Paris Flea Market Deluxe kit.

*Scroll to the bottom of this post for a photo tutorial.

I have added some projects to my ribbon pin board as well.


The paper lace mat dress was inspired by this sweet napkin fold. Click HERE for details.


I designed a tag featuring the Jumbo UM Paris collage stamp and a shabby chic technique I learned HERE.




The ATC (artist trading card) is painted with Tattered Rose Distress Crackle paint. I added a fussy cut Paper Lace basket (distressed with Onyx ink rubbed over the raised surface) and added flowers to create dimension.


The white flowers (Sizzix Tiny Tattered Florals Thinlits Dies) and butterflies (Sizzix Detailed Butterflies Thinlits Dies) were die cut from the Paper Lace Mats.


I used Victorian Velvet Distress stain over the Paper Lace Mat to create the pattern on the card panel. The quote is from the Jumbo UM Rubber stamp set.


The next stop on the hop is Anne Marie's Artfully Balanced Blog!

**************
Photo Tutorial for Ribbon Pin Board

Two pieces of 12x12 cardboard glued together, several varying lengths of black ribbon (Paris Flea Market Fiber pack) 12x12 Pink Deluxe Print trimmed to 11.75" square and Washi Tape.
Use washi tap to cover the exposed corrugated edges. 
Adhere the print to the top front of the board.

Lay the ribbons over the board. 

Use acrylic paint to alter nail heads.


An extra layer of card board was needed to cover the exposed nail heads. Using a hammer, I flattened any exposed sharp points. 
Enjoy your finished project! 



Thanks for joining us on the Hop!

26 comments:

  1. Oh Julie, this was my first idea (but I made something else) and you made it! And so beautiful. Love all the details of your board. Happy Hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the board, and this dress looks good enough to wear! really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the results! Neat to display is a special place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty and well executed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I love those cushion boards. Lovely idea for these papers. It's perfect. TFS :) Love all the little bits you made to get tucked into the board too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite pizza box engineer is at it again!! Love it all. Love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pin board Julie! That paper is so worthy of a display like this! Thanks for the ideas and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is there ANYTHING you can't do with a pizza box? LOL Love how pretty and useful this project is. Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Julie! Your pin board is splendid! I love the feminine and lacy feel to all your added details. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Julie! Your pin board is splendid! I love the feminine and lacy feel to all your added details. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous!!! Pizza Box make over again and this one is the best ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great ideas here. Thanks, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like as if the pin board itself wasn't cool enough!!! Then there's all the other cool stuff, that paper lace dress turned out so lovely....and the flowers in the stamped basket, oh, I could go on and on. Your awesome as always Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful project-Love all the details! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am speechless! This is my all time favorite "pizza box" project! I think you should make me one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely stunning! Love love love the paper lace mat dress!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Totally awesome - love the lace dress and the details - the quote is spot on - find beauty in the small thing, which is exactly what you did. Thanks for the tutorial too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just lovely! Thanks for photo tutorial. I learn so much from you, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The board, the napkin dress -- all gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Lovely project!!! Don't know which one is prettier! But that dress...awesome!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete