Friday, March 11, 2016

Color Burst Spin Art card

I love using unique techniques to create art.



On Club Scrap's blog I shared the step by step instructions for creating this style of card using a kid's spin art machine.

I used a slightly different technique when creating this card.

Here's how:

Emboss mixed media paper panel using swirls folder. Rub the side of a white crayon across the raised edges of the panel.


Place panel in spinner and spritz heavily with water. Turn on spinner and tap in small amounts of different Color Bursts powder to areas of the panel. 




Turn on spinner and spritz with more water until desired effect is reached.



Now it it's your turn to take this technique for a spin!


Supplies:
Ken Oliver's Color Burst Pigment Powders - Yellow, Ultramarine Blue, and Alizarin Crimson
Cuttlebug Swirls Embossing Folder
Club Scrap Big Top Pink paper and fiber
Club Scrap Paris Flea Market Hello stamp
Spellbinders Nestibilities scalloped circle die
Black and white papers from stash

9 comments:

  1. So much fun! Now where did I put that Spin Art machine????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...I need to find where I stashed mine also! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This lookslike you had a lot of fun and it became a great card,Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like fun, wish I had one of those spinners.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! I just had mine out on Monday, checking the batteries. I must have been psychic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so totally need to find one of those things! I LOVE the results!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally fun way of using the spinner in combination with the embossing folder, Julie! Beautiful result.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Julie! I love playing with my Spin Art. The one my kids had was ruined, but I found out they're still available at ToysRUs.

    ReplyDelete