Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Take a Leap of Faith into the Unknown



I was inspired to join the Take a Leap of Faith Monday challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Blog by my good friend Hetty. She made some fun cards using a technique she had never tried before and I wanted to join in the fun too!


I took the challenge and made this card using Club Scrap's Paris Flea Market kit.


The technique I decided to try was a tutorial featured on Split Coast Stampers, called the Pleated Skirt Fold. Visit them HERE for details.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Ken Oliver's Color Burst Pigment Powder - Fuschia
Ken Oliver's Liquid Metals - Metallic Rose and Platinum
Darice Embossing Folder - Damask
Spellbinders Nestibilities - scalloped circle die
Marvy Uchida 1"circle Punch
Club Scrap Paris Flea Market Greeting UM stamp

6 comments:

  1. Great card,Julie! Love the technique you used, have to give that a try too!
    Oh, I cant wait to get my hand on the new kit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's adorable! Loving the color bursts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad your friend Hetty got you on board for this challenge, Julie! Such a lovely card, and the pleats are a lovely focus. What a great kit to work with! Thanks for "taking a leap into the unknown" with us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Maura for stopping by! It was my pleasure and sure was a fun challenge!

      Delete
    2. I don't know if Maura can see this post but hello. Maura and I are scrapbooking friends from when I lived in Upstate NY.
      By the way, that's a really cute card, I might have to join in on the fun sometime.

      Delete
    3. How fun Ruby! I hope she can see it. :) These are some fun challenges open to everyone. This is the first time I have joined one.

      Delete