Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Club Scrap Dahlia ALSB Layouts


If you are not familiar with ALSB (assembly line scrapbooking) it uses an extremely efficient set of instructions to help you get every last bit of your Club Scrap monthly kits assembled and into your scrapbooks. The beauty is, you assemble first, and add pictures later. I know, stay with me, it really works!! The formula behind the layouts created for each 12x12" page, include spots for your 4x6 standard prints, BRILLIANT!  Just pop them into the gorgeously appointed pages and you're done, it really is that easy.

ALSB Dahlia layouts 3 & 4 
Check out all the FREE instructions Club Scrap has created over the years, AMAZING! Grab papers from your stash and get scrapping.

For this double page spread, create a fun spritzed 8.5x11" raised print (this print is cut in pieces and used as anchors for both sides of the double page spread) using clever masking of the floral images.



Cut the dahlia blossoms and leaves mask from copy paper. Attach to the raised print with removable adhesive.


Spritz with homemade green shimmer spray (combo of Club Scrap Metallic Green re inker, Perfect Pearls Gold powder and water in 4oz. spray bottle).


Remove the masks and add Leaf ink to the leaves using an ink blending tool.


Spritz the centers of each blossom with Lemon Meringue Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist.


Finish off the pieces with homemade shimmer mist (combo of Color Burst Fuschia Pigment Powder, Metallic Rose Liquid Metals, and water in a mini mister bottle). Having the pink spray in the mini mister bottle allowed for a more controlled spray area.


Let's take a closer look at the prints in each layout.



Speaking of ALSB, I am the host of a Challenge over at the Club Scrap Forum where we share our favorite assembled layouts. Join me!

Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

  1. I can tell you that ALSB totally changed my way of even thinking about scrapping, not just getting it done. It's so much easier than it sounds at first. I love flipping through my books of "naked" pages and matching my pictures up and just sticking them down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I don't struggle with the "where-to-begin" drama. I just make blank pages and find photos that match. So much faster! At least I know my pages were designed by someone who knows design. Great pages, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was why I joined Club Scrap, Thanks Pam!

      Delete
  3. Wow Julie,this is totally amazing. What fun pages have you created and the ones you decorated yourself are absolutely fantastic! Thanks for sharing the how todo it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love ALSB, but I don't adhere anything until I have photos to go on my pages. That way I can rearrange and turn photo mats horizontally or vertically depending on the photos I want to use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool Toni! I usually only use a small strip of adhesive on the back of my elements so they can be turned etc for photo orientation. I also tend to crop and adjust photos before printing making sure I have about 6 for each double page spread. And also make sure that some are portrait and some are landscape. Saves me a couple of steps when finishing my layouts :)

      Delete
  5. These are beautiful, thanks for the spray "recipes" too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're soo creative, Julie! Great idea for the masking. Love the coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous, Julie. You are a master.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yet another beautiful creation, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous, Julie. Pinning! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Lucy now I just have to get photos on them :)

      Delete