Thursday, March 30, 2017

Emerging Corners Technique Cards

A friend on Facebook posted a link to this fun and unique stamping technique video by Melanie M.



As soon as I finished watching the video, I knew I had to try it.

I inked the stamp with a combo of Faded Jeans and Broken China Distress Oxide inks. Once the images were stamped, I spritzed the paper with a bit of water to activate the inks.

The smaller stamped panel was created after I misted the already used stamp with water and impressed it onto the panel twice. This created a second and third generation of the stamped image.


I used only Wilted Violet Distress Oxide ink for the Wild Rose oval stamped image below.
The Dk. Purple paper was dry embossed in a folder and then inked with the same Distress Oxide ink to color the raised pattern. The panel was then misted with water prior to card assembly.



Supplies Used:
Club Scrap Garden Shed, Wild Rose, Stamped Bouquet and Stamping Star UM Rubber stamps
Distress Oxide inks - Wilted Violet, Broken China, Faded Jeans, Worn Lipstick, Cracked Pistachio, and Fossilized Amber
Lt. Blue paper from stash
Club Scrap Dk. Purple paper
Club Scrap Dahlia washi tape goodie
Club Scrap Darice Tin Tiles embossing folder goodie


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! I'm gonna have to break down and invest in a few oxide inks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous interpretation of a cool technique, Julie! <3

    ReplyDelete