Thursday, April 20, 2017

April 2017 NBUS Challenge -- Club Scrap

An article of clothing is the theme of the April NBUS (never before used stamp/stencil) challenge hosted by Pam Butler at the Club Scrap Forum.

I chose to feature the bowler hat, collage, and sentiment images from the London Calling Jumbo UM stamp set.

The background was created using Gina K's Smackin' Acetate technique.


For my background, I chose three colors of Distress Oxides, applied the Wilted Violet, Worn Lipstick, and Cracked Pistachio directly to the acetate, spritzed with water and lay my white paper face down in the colors. I dried the paper with a craft iron on cotton/linen setting.


For the bowler hat, I chose to color it with watercolor pencils. I was able to get some nice shading with the browns and fuschia pencils.


The card base is 5.5x8.5 Club Scrap Cherry Blossoms Pink paper scored horizontally at 4.25".

The embellishments were from various Club Scrap collections.

Thanks for visiting today!



No comments:

Post a Comment