Friday, April 21, 2017

April NBUS Challenge and Water Mark Frame Technique -- Club Scrap

I created a second card featuring Gina K's Smackin' Acetate technique, and thanks to a happy accident, I also came up with another fun technique I like to call the Water Mark Frame. Visit my blog post HERE to see my first card using her technique.


Today's card features Club Scrap's 2014 Dungarees collection including a sentiment and image from the Greetings UM stamp set.

I created several panels using Gina's technique, and when I went to use the panels this morning, I noticed a large water mark in the upper right hand corner. Well, this wasn't going to look very good, so I decided to add more water marks around the focal image, and the Water mark Frame technique was born!

To create this panel, scribble several colors (Lt. Blue, Navy, and Brown) of Aquarelle Brush Markers onto acetate. Mist heavily with water and press white paper onto the colors. Allow to dry completely.

Stamp the image and sentiment over the panel and embellish with red Aquarelle marker and 2 tiny red brads.





4 comments:

  1. What a cool technique, Julie! I don't have markers but I might try with a different medium.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great effect! Happy accidents are the best kind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That accident turned out great, Julie! I have some Stampin' Up markers I could try with this. So, did this frame happen because you had too much water or too much ink or was it just the way it landed on the paper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam!
      I think someone had left a drink on my kitchen table and the condensation spilled off the glass and onto the work surface. Then the water seeped into one corner of my stack of panels.

      Delete